Monday, February 17, 2014

Sewing for kids

This post is about my latest sewing projects for kids.

My biggest kids project this year was the birthday quilt for my niece. She turned 4 in january.
I have to admit I was very lazy and made a really simple quilt for her.


I used the same fabrics which I just bought for her a few years back.
I already made her lots of stuff out of this fabric for a her room like a bunting, a pillow or a little doll quilt.

I finished the quilt in only 3 days (after work). I used some simple wonky crosses and stars.


As always I quilted it free motion. It's still my fave way of quilting. It's fast and I don't need to measure anything or need to keep an eye to match seams.


It's already the second quilt I made for my niece.
In 2010 I made my first quilt and gifted it to her.
This one is bigger than the first one. It's big enough to cover her little bed but has a very comfy and soft batting so she can cuddle under it .


The backing is a vintage duvet cover which I already used on other quilts before.
The binding was made from the left over fabrics from the top.
I still have a little bit of fabric to make more stuff of her. But hopefully with my next project (christmas 2014) I'm able to use all of it.
I have to admit that I'm not a big fan of these fabrics anymore. So I'm glad when I finally used every little piece.

Last week I got a mail from an ety customer.
She already bought two soft dolls from me and asked for two more as gifts for friends.


I love making these soft dolls. They are fun and cute.

3 comments:

  1. I adore those quilts and the two little soft dolls are so sweet!! Happy Monday and have a beautiful week! Love to you!

    jacqueline
    http://jqlinesocuteithurts.typepad.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a beautiful quilt!!! I love the stars especially and the texture of a free motion quilt is so nice. I am doing a sew-along for little people and I just made a bunny, now I might have to try a little doll person because those are just so cute! Did you follow a pattern for them or did you make it up?

    I always love your work!

    Emily at backtothecraft.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss your posts! :) Hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete