Saturday, November 24, 2012

Christmas is coming...

... and the goose is getting fat... (* my fave christmas song)

Only one month till christmas and I try not to panic.
My to do list is pretty long but I try to get everything on time.

Glady I can skip one little point from the list. The top for my christmas quilt is finally done.

 
It's made from my little but deeply loved christmas fabric stash.
Most of the fabrics are in my stash for a few years already. I rarely buy holiday themed fabrics. Mostly only 3 or 4 each year so I had to wait a few years to make this quilt.


I wanted a simple design for the quilt blocks to save on time and I wanted less cutting to showcase the prints.
The gift package design from Kate Spain by Moda was the best choice in my eyes.


I added a fun border from my fave Alexander Henry fabric. The cute christmas scenes are so adorable and I'm glad that I came up with the idea of the border.

Now I just need to baste and quilt this baby which will be done hopefully on monday or tuesday while I spent a few days at the inlaws.

I'm not sure if I talked about my fave clothes label already.
At the monent I buy lots of stuff from mint & berry.


Mint & Berry is a fantastic little lable from Berlin. They make awesome clothes and I would love to buy all their stuff.



3 comments:

  1. What a great holiday quilt! I too love that Alexander Henry Christmas print - I think you showcased it perfectly.
    cheers!
    -k

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always surprised when I visit your blog. Loved the result of the quilt. Gorgeous!
    Hugs from Brazil, Ana.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That quilt top looks wonderful. I agree it was a good idea to use a bigger block style so you can showcase the beautiful fabric choices. I love the last pictures of you - you look so vintage and lovely.

    ReplyDelete