Saturday, November 19, 2011

christmas thoughts & others

" Christmas is coming and the goose is getting fat hey put the penny in the old mans hat..."

I totally love this christmas song. It reminds of good old times when I was still in school. From the 7th till 10th grade our english teacher used to sing this song with us every year.
I still remember a chorus and sing it every year. I really need to learn the complete text to be able to sing the whole song.

I just found some youtube videos of choirs singing that song.I used to be in choir when I was in 7th grade.
Sadly I left the choir one year later because some older students didn't stop bullying me. They always made jokes about my big front teeth (they called me rabbit) and when we went on a choir trip together I found a big paper carrot on my plate for breakfast one morning.
I really love singing and maybe I should look for a choir where I live now.

But back to the main reson for the this blog post.
A few days ago I sent 3 little christmas packages out in the world. Since all of them arrived at their home I'm able to show you what I've sent.


This little christmas stocking is now in the USA with Amy.

The second stocking traveled all the way to Japan and is now with Ayumi.


Another package arrived in Singapore.
I made a pillow cover for Jo.





And a little duckling bag for Jo's lovely daughter Joelle.

5 comments:

  1. Hello Isabelle!
    Long ago I have followed your blog, I found the pictures on Flickr. Usually do not comment because I do not write fluently in English, I turn to google translate and decipher it all. Anyway, as errors in grammar or not, I mean that I am delighted with the courage to risk new things at the seams. The bag is great for travel, these boots for Christmas now! They are lovely! I admire your photos and even more colorful fabrics that you usually use. Have a good production and a great weekend. From Brazil, Ana

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think it would bring you great joy to sing again! i also love to sing!! it is a wonderful gift and can bring us lots of happiness!!

    your stockings are just so sweet!! each one is so adorable!! the pillow and pouch are wonderful too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every single gift you whipped up is absolutely darling, but I must say I love mine the most! I stare at it every day, thinking how much time, effort, and love you must have out into the little sock. I admire your teeny tiny perfect applique and can't even describe how much I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh My! These Christmas packages are awesome! I lover every single item in them. Those boots :O! That little bag and that super cute duck applique. It's lovely, I bet these ladies were happy to receive them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I just found your blog through Amy's. First off, how terrible that you were bullied, especially in a group atmosphere that should be encouraging and like family. I hope you find a welcoming group and follow your heart to sing again.
    Then oh my gosh is your sewing just amazing. I would love to know how you did the little ducky! I'm hoping to get a sewing machine for Christmas this year, and I hope someday I might be able to make lovely things like you do!

    Happy Holidays ~ Chelsea Ann of ittybittybirdy

    ReplyDelete